Need a little brushing up on your round challah braiding skills? So do I.
Last year, my beautiful friend and baking maven Nicole broke it down for me step-by-step, and I created a handy cheat sheet with photographs of each step.
Look at this gorgeous six stranded challah she made for me. FREE download of the recipe and this easy challah braiding cheat-sheet below. Happy Rosh Hashanah everyone!
DOWNLOAD A FREE CHALLAH BRAIDING CHEAT SHEET & RECIPE
4.5 tsp active dry yeast
1/4 cup sugar
2 cups warm water
7 cups flour
3/4 cup oil
1/2 cup honey
1 TB salt
1. Place yeast, sugar, and warm water in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Place flour, oil, honey, salt, and egg in a large mixing bowl.
3. Combine the contents of both bowls. Mix and knead together. Let rise for three hours.
4. Braid challah (see photos above.) Transfer to a baking sheet, cover, and let rise for three more hours.
5. Preheat oven to 350 and bake for 28 minutes.
Leave a comment